Thursday, September 15, 2005

Etiquette

Good morning sunshines!!

I started to make the invites for our house warming party but have a dilemma. We’re poor. We can provide food and soft drinks but would like for people to bring their drink (alcoholic) of choice. I worded it as “Bring your own alcohol”. I still think that sounds kind of mean. We want to be able to provide libations but that gets expensive. What’s a creative way to word it?

Also, I’m not sure about the registering thing. I feel like a beggar if I register. I feel as though if someone wants to bring me a gift they’ll ask us the types of places that we like or get us a gift card to somewhere like Target or Home Depot. What do you think? I just feel bad putting “we’re registered at Target” on the gift card. I was researching on the internet and it said not to do that as registries are for brides not house warming parties. I didn’t even put that on our wedding invites because I felt as though I was asking for gifts when really I just wanted my loved ones to be there. So, what do you think?

3 comments:

bevy said...

What's wrong with BYOB? Mostly everyone understands that. And I don't think it's rude.

Don't list a registry on the invite. If people care to buy you a gift, they will more than likely ask around to see if you are registered somewhere.

Cisco said...

BYOB Always works.
HOpefully most people know that a housewarmign party entails-bringing presents for the house (couple).
Good luck.

Yummerson said...

Thanks guys!!