Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama

I’m taking this opportunity to write since my baby is sleeping, my husband isn’t here and I’m not at work.

So first things first… I celebrated a birthday. My 33rd. Wow 33. Sometimes I can’t believe those numbers come out of my mouth when referring to my age. I don’t feel anywhere near 33.

My husband and my son sent me these flowers:


I started to write this last night when Fonz came home and interrupted my inspiration. So where was I. Oh yeah he sent me flowers. Aren’t they so purdy?

My friends sent me these flowers.


I’m so loved and blessed. I will never say that enough. Never. I’m also very thankful and grateful for all of the wonderful things I’ve done and seen and experienced in my 33 years. I’m thankful for the friends I’ve gained, the friends I’ve lost and most of all the friends that remain. If it wasn’t for all of the above I wouldn’t be who I am now and realized the qualities in friends that I adore. I’m thankful for my family and all the new things we’re currently growing thru. What’s next? I can’t wait.

I got my promotion. WOOO HOOOO! I’m excited, nervous and all that stuff.

My baby said Mama. Can you imagine that? He says mamamamamamamama. Maybe he doesn’t mean me but nevertheless he said it.

A couple of weeks ago I saw the movie “Phat Girlz” with Mo’nique. Yes I will admit I saw the movie. In the movie Mo’nique’s friend’s love interest said something that struck my fancy. I can’t quote him but he said something to the effect of you choose friends for a reason. They all have a quality that you carry but hasn’t come out yet. So very true.

Inspiration lost. To be continued…. But I leave you with a picture of my son

3 comments:

Cisco said...

Serious face....
big eyes...
Sounds like all is well.
Happy Belated Birthday. As far as the years, I think after 30, you don;t feel older,,,just the same.

bevy said...

Looks like you have some good friends w/great floral taste.

Super cute baby, by the way.

Coco said...

happy (belated) birthday!!
te mando MUCHOS fuertes y calurosos abrazos : )
que el amor de Dios este siempre contigo y tus seres queridos : )

so let's celebrate our birthdays?!

congratulations on your new job assignment!! : )

y tu precioso niño cada día mas grande y chulo... : )

wow, so many things to give thanks for!!

abrazo, besos, y bendiciones.