Sunday, October 10, 2010

Diego - 4

You're growing so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was holding your 5 lb 13 oz baby self. Today you're almost 4 ft tall and well weigh a lot more than 5 lb 13 oz. I still see a baby when I watch you sleep. I'm so proud of you. You're thoughtful, outgoing, well mannered and well just a joy to be around. You love music. You love to dance. You love your Daddy like nobody's business. You're affectionate. Some people would say overly affectionate but I would have to disagree. Is there such a thing? I love your hugs and your kisses and the million times a day you tell me you love me. You don't ever say it with alternative motives. Sometimes when I cry while watching Oprah or Brothers and Sisters or let's face it we can be watching Dora the Explorer and I'll cry, you wipe my tears. You lift up my glasses and wipe my tears gently. You'll whisper in my ear that everything will be okay. You love Mami Martha and Honey. They love you like their own and they should. They've raised you. I'm grateful to them for raising such a good boy. You know how to bless your self. And you like to bless your Mami Martha and Honey before you leave their house. You love everyone. May you never lose that honey. I hope you never change the sweet boy that you are. I pray nothing ever happens to you to change your gentle demeanor.
When Mommy let's you sleep in her bed you like to play with my hair until you fall asleep. You love to sing. You're so smart. You can count to 100 in both English and Spanish. You can spell your name along with a few other words. I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a great kid but it was good and I won't question. Just accept. You should never question either. Good or bad whatever comes your way, don't question, accept, learn and move on. For your birthday while most kids are so excited about gifts you walked by yours and walked by and walked by and didn't care. Material things to you are irrelevant. I had to prod you to open the gifts that your loved ones gave you. You opened were excited and oh so grateful. I got all the hugs your Aunts and Uncles and cousins should have gotten. Just today you saw the book your Uncle Joey and family gave you and you wanted to call them to thank them. Daddy looks at you with such pride in his eyes. He takes you everywhere he goes and never complains. He plays outside with you. Love is truly an understatement for what we feel for you. You like to say "Oh my gosh!" and "mmmm mmmm mmm sooo good!". Your personality is a blend of your Dad and Me. You have my stubborn ways and you have your Daddy's tenderness. I often feel like I'm a horrible Mom and you remind me I'm not. How can I be so horrible when I have a kid like you? I love you Diego. There's so much that you do that I would like to capture. I'm sorry I don't always have the time or energy to play with you. I should. I love you. I adore you. I'm so proud of the little boy you are. I will love you no matter who you choose to love. All I want is for you to be happy. I will love you no matter what career path you choose in life. All I want is for you to be happy. I will love you no matter what. No matter what.

1 comment:

bevy said...

Awww, so sweet. Sounds like Diego is a perfect son.