Monday, January 07, 2013

Happy Birthday Ruby!

January 7, 2011. The day my baby Ruby was born. It was a tough weekend. It seems as though the days leading up to it are much more difficult than the actual day. Yesterday was especially hard.




Happy Birthday Ruby. My hero. Thank you for the 2 gifts you sent. They will never replace your space in my heart. The contrary, they remind me daily of you. I think this may be why this birthday seems to have been harder than your 1st. We all say your name daily. Your brother Diego always remembers you. If we say he has a brother and a sister. He makes sure to tell us he has 2 sisters. If we say we’re a family of 5, he makes sure to tell us we’re a family of 6. I see your face in your sister. When she’s sleeping I silently weep. She looks just like you did, sleeping. She has your fingers and your toes. Your Tia Jen asked if it was wonderful or hard. I answered, wonderful. It is. Because when I notice, I know that’s when you’re with me. And I cherish that moment. I sometimes accidentally call her by your name. I know you’re with me. I know you’re with me always. I ask you to look over your brothers and sister. And I thank you. I thank you for all that you’ve brought into my life. For the constant reminders that it could always be worse. For reminding me daily that not every day has to be good but that there is something good in every day. Celebrate along side your abuelita Luz, abuelita Conchita and Tio Javier. Que te lleven los mariachis y que bailen mucho. I love you to Diosito and back and then some. “A Life may last for just a moment… but memory can make that moment last forever…”



I thank you all again for letting me share something so personal.

No comments: