Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Half Birthday Luz & Lucas

Yesterday was the twins half birthday. Happy 6 months babies! In the 6 mos you’ve been here you’ve taught me so much about myself. You’ve taught me that I have more energy than I ever thought I did. You’ve taught me that I have more love in my heart than I thought I was capable of. You’ve taught me that you’re not a first time parent just once. You’ve shown me that a connection starts well before you’ve actually “met”. You’ve let me see your sister Ruby through your eyes. You’ve told me to slow down and asked me to patient. You proved to my body that it can endure anything. And you’ve proved to my soul that it can’t be broken. Thank you for showing your big brother how to be a big brother. He thinks you’re deaf though so can you please tell him you’re not so he can stop screaming? You’ve reassured me that your Dad is simply amazing. Lucas, your spirit glows. It glows through your smile and your inability to sit still. Luz, your name says it all. You are a shining light. You’re so laid back, but when you want something you want it done now. I’m not sure where you get that from. You both are so alike yet so different. You definitely keep us on our toes. The thing is with all of you, you’ve taught me more than I could ever teach you. May I make you as happy as you’ve made me.


No comments: