Friday, October 07, 2005

House Warming - again

Okay so tomorrow is the day. Our House Warming Party. Next week is our 1 year anniversary. As a surprise to him, I wanted to incorporate this into the house warming. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it but I am. Read and let me know what you think, opinions, suggestions.

Once upon a time, there was a cute girl who met a handsome boy, at El Matador on a warm September evening in 1997. She noticed him from afar side of the bar. The lad came over and asked her to dance, she accepted. They danced as if they’d known each other forever. He moved like Fred Astaire, she moved like Carlton.

You see, this cute girl, we’ll call her Yamell, dreamed of meeting a man like her father, smart, handsome, hard working, annoying sense of humor, a man devoted to his family. Boys would come and go but none filled that void. Her cute little 4’2” mother worried that she’d never marry. She was ready to put up a sign that read “Lonely Hearts Club” and her younger brother ready to paint the chimney white. Yamell would pray at night that she would find this man, the man that would fill the void. For so long she felt so lonely, surrounded by loved ones, but lonely. Then one day just like that, bloop, there he was, we’ll call him Alfonso. Tall, really dark, and handsome. Smart, hard working, annoying sense of humor and extremely devoted to his family. Immediately she knew he was the one for her. God had answered her prayers.

Little by little, year after year after year, they got to know each other. The more they got to know each other, the more she convinced him, I mean the more they figured out how they were both missing pieces to their puzzles. Alfonso liked to sleep, so did Yamell. PERFECT! Alfonso would tell a joke, she would stare blankly at him. She would tell a joke, he would fall off of his chair with laughter. Things would fall off of her car, he would super glue them back on. She would later find out that this glue thing is a family tradition. Wink, Wink, Pop-in-law. She loved the fact that he could fix things. With super glue, duct tape, rope or what have you but he could fix them. He made her feel secure. He made her feel butterflies in her stomach every time she went to visit him. So many butterflies in fact that she’d have to buy Imodium on her way there.

On the 7th year, with her family present, he asked for her hand. They gave their blessing (some with hesitation, yeah you, Eric). Mom took the sign down and the chimney was painted back.

10 months of preparation, meeting each others families, and lots of lovin’. All of this was so nerve wracking. More Imodium for Yamell. All worth it, because they were reaching one of their life long goals.

October 16, 2004, they were married. Yamell picked this day because in October the desert starts cooling down and well you know sugar melts (thanks Nancy) so she had to avoid that.

Together they set a goal. That goal was to purchase a house before their 1st anniversary. July 26, 2005, 9 months after setting that goal their wish came true.

THE BEGINNING

Family and Friends, You’re all here today to see our goals come to fruition. You were there for us 1 year ago. You’re here for us today. Some are new friends and some are old. Thank you for being here. Thank you for all that you do and for giving us your unconditional love and support. We love you more than you’ll ever know.

Alfonso, October 16th, a day I will remember forever baby. At this time last year, my life changed forever. For the better. You have brought so much to my life. I’ve told you this many times before but not enough, for so long I felt so empty inside. When I met you that void was immediately filled. I felt a sense of peace come over me. I was always surrounded by loved ones but for some reason felt so lonely. You made that feeling disappear. Only good things have come my way since I’ve met you. You’re the lucky charm, I’ve always sought. You’ve taught me how to love like never before. Together we’ve conquered all. This year has brought us many challenges as I'm sure life always will but we’ve taught each other that all will be okay as long as we have each other to lean on. We’ve taken each day as it comes and each day has brought us new things. More laundry to do, more dishes to wash, more love to give to you. Thank you for all that you’ve done my love. We’ve made it thru our first year, piece of cake. HERE’S TO 100 MORE. I love you with all of my soul.

4 comments:

Monique Rielle said...

I love it! It made me laugh, it made me cry....it was funny yet from the heart. Have a blast at the house warming, and take lots of pics!
Hugs :)

Coco said...

Que tierno!
I am so glad to see people feeling this way...it gives others hope.
Enjoy the weekend!

bevy said...

I hope I find love like this. Congrats on the new home and your first anniversary.

Yummerson said...

Thank you all!!