Monday, October 03, 2005

This week on CCMG

Those that got to read the last post before I deleted it – I went and had a great time. I didn’t get drunk before going as planned, but I did get a little tipsy while I was there. Manners (please, thank you, excuse me, let me introduce you to, hello, etc.) is not the family’s strong suit but nonetheless I had a great time.

Alfonso had a little bit of a breakdown at the party. One of his nephew’s walked by and Alfonso said “I want Joshua to wear those kinds of shirts”. Alfonso is a baseball fanatic and the little boy was wearing a baseball jersey. My response to him was “There’s no more Joshua”. I mentioned to him after the miscarriage that I didn’t want to name our first born male Joshua anymore. I felt as though the baby that passed was a boy and we would always refer to him as Joshua. I just feel that it won’t be the same. That’s why I responded to him the way that I did. His cousin R and I then started a conversation about when we will be starting a family and such. I don’t think R knew about our loss. So I told him that sometimes our home feels so lonely and I think that the piercing sound of children screaming would solve this for us. We talked about how a home isn’t a home without the sound of children. I let him know that we would be trying next year some time God willing. As I said this Alfonso broke down. He cried like he did when I broke the news to him. I didn’t know what to do to console him. All I could say was “Baby please stop”. I started tearing up when I was having this conversation with R and after hearing Alfonso it took all I had to hold back my emotions. I just feel so bad because I know of my feelings but not always do I know how Fonz feels. I adore him for loving so much.

All in all, I’m very happy that I went. I want so badly to be a part of his family the way that he has become a part of mine.

3 comments:

bevy said...

That's so sad. Tear.

Coco said...

Tipsy? Estar un poco "alegre" siempre ayuda : )

Mourning the loss of a child is difficult...you & Alfonso need to talk about it.

Gracias por dejarme saber como te fue en la fiesta con los "parientes".

Un abrazo!

pd
tengo fotos de mis perritas!
cheka mi flickR

Cisco said...

You can only continue to try and do your best.
Saludos