Thursday, November 17, 2005

I love you Suegro!

I had one of the longest days of my life yesterday. It started with one phone call. At approximately 11 am Fonz called. I thought it was odd that he was calling me so early; normally he calls me late in the day. Alfonso has been working by himself lately because his laborer was assaulted in California and hasn’t come back. His parents stayed with us so he thought he would take his dad with him. His dad fell thru the stair hole from the 2nd floor. Alfonso called me in a panic. He had already taken his dad to the medical center but was still in a panic. So I immediately left work to be with him so he wouldn’t feel so alone and desesperado. We were there for 4 hours and suegro was then sent to an Orthopedic. So we’re off to the Orthopedic. I helped them fill out paperwork and then once he was taken back for X-rays I left. Suegro’s leg is fractured right below the knee. He had to get stitches on that same leg on his shin. Also on that same leg, he has a bruise, scratches, and a big big bump on his thigh. Left leg has bruising and scratches but not nearly as bad as his right.

When his dad came out at the Medical Center and he saw me I thought he was going to cry. I felt so bad. If you could see the beauty in these two men, you’d understand. Their eyes tell a story and yesterday it was such a sad one. Today is a new day and all we can hope for is that he gets better and that he will be able to be up and around soon.

4 comments:

bevy said...

I'm so sorry. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Monique Rielle said...

Oh sweetie! I will say a prayer that his leg will heal quickly.

Coco said...

Que susto!
Y susto para todos!!
I'm glad that your suegro was able to go home...now just the "healing".
Me le das un fuerte abrazo: )
Que le deseo que pronto se sienta mejor...

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Cuidate!!

pd
y tu como estas? bien?

Yummerson said...

Thank you all so much!

Coco - yo estoy bien. Solamente estoy tratando de consolar a Poncho porque el siente que fue su culpa. Le dare el abrazo, de tu parte.