Monday, November 07, 2005

My Momma Your Momma live across the street..

My mami left for Mexico yesterday. I missed her the second I left her house. My mami, my friend. She left to visit her mami though. AKA my abuelita Luz. She lives in Villa Coronado, Chihuahua, Mexico. I cried when I went to her house to drop off some stuff to take to my abuelita. She calls me every day. If I don’t hear from her by 9 am then I call her. It becomes a part of our daily routine. If I’m not at my desk when she calls, she’ll leave a little message that says “Good moning chunchine, I love you” with her little accent. She worries about my dad and makes sure that I know to visit him while she’s gone so that he won’t be lonely. He makes sure to tell me with his deep loud voice “Me lavas los calzones y me los planchas tambien”. Honestly, wash your own underwear old man. Your wife doesn’t iron them, why do you want me to? I love my daddy too. I’ve been a daddy’s girl my whole life. Until recently as you’ve read before I’ve become a mama’s girl. I just adore my parents. So, she worries about him. She shouldn’t, but she does. He gets lonely, I can see it in his eyes every time she leaves. She worries about who’s going to feed him, who’s going to do his laundry, etc. My dad is known to go buy new underwear when he runs out of clean ones every time my mom leaves. My aunts and sisters in law all try to feed him while she is gone. Now that I live closer, I told him to come over every night for dinner and I’ll feed him. He teaches me to make new things so that he doesn’t have to be the one to make them anymore. Back to mami. She calls daily to check on details of my life. She likes to check on Alfonso too. If it’s raining, she calls to see if he’s home and he’s safe. When it’s too hot she calls to see if he’s keeping himself hydrated. She wants to know what I made for dinner. She wants to tell me what the grandchildren said to her. I miss her. Pero cuidare a mi Papi. No not you Alfonso, my dad!

Also in the news…

My in law’s came over for dinner yesterday. We had some carne asada. It was a good time. My sister in law pretended she was Shakira for me as I watched in disbelief and pleaded with her to sit down. My suegros (MIL & FIL) leave on Thursday. We’re sad about that. We’ve tried convincing them to stay at least until after Thanksgiving. So I paused on writing and now they don’t know when they’re leaving. They’re so fickle that way. Last year in two weeks we took them to the bus depot 3 different times and they changed their mind. We’ve offered to buy their plane ticket again because the bus ride just seems so hard on them. So hopefully they’ll take us up on the offer. They asked Fonz to take them shopping tonight. So that’s what we’re doing. I hope they let us buy them presents. Shoot Fonz better buy me presents.

I’ll tell you about Fonz’s birthday later when I post pictures.

Hey!! What happened to Weeds? It hasn’t been on. When is it back on?

4 comments:

bevy said...

Dude, I talk to my parents all the time even though they live like 5 hours away, but I can't go on without them.

"Honestly, wash your own underwear old man." - TOO FUNNY!

Yummerson said...

We're lucky to have them!

Coco said...

I, too, either see my mom or call her every day! And when I'm sick (surgery), that's whom I stay with...until I am able to do things on my own. Me cuida con amor y ternura.

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Cuidate!

Monique Rielle said...

That's a cute nickname..."chunchine".....my Mom calls me "chulie".
As for Weeds...I love that show! Can't wait till it comes back.