Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Shorty Lady

My mommy called me yesterday. When I heard the phone service man on the other end I was irritated because I didn’t know who it was calling making me say hello more than once. Then I hear my mom’s beautiful voice on the other end.

Yo: Hi Mom.
Mami: Hola Corazon
Yo: (swallowing back the large lump that wants to turn into tears) Como estas?
Mami: Bien hija, gracias a Dios y ustedes?
Yo: Tambien mami, gracias a Dios. Te extraño mucho.
Mami: Ay hija, yo tambien. Cuando quieras hablarme, hablame. Blah Blah blah hours of the place, blah blah blah.
Yo: Y mi abuelita como esta?
Mami: Pues bien hija, a veces quiero salir corriendo pero alli anda. Okay bye.
Yo: huh? Okay. I miss you and am counting the days until you return.
Mami: Yo tambien hija.

I must tell you that the night before my mamasita had called home at a time when she knew that family (minus myself and Fonz, I’m a rebel) would be getting together. When I talked to my Dad later that night he told me that my mom sends her love and that she misses me. Dad was a little jealous that she did not tell him he missed him and he let her know. I said well I’m her favorite (and only) daughter. He said, “si pero yo soy su esposo”. Aww she misses me. My little pea in a pod.

Last night, Dad came over with an uncle who’s here helping him do some work on his cottage. I made chiles rellenos with beans the Mexican staple. I told him about the phone call and he said “que te dije, porque te busca a ti mas que a mi?”. Well it could be because I don’t make her wash my underwear anymore, viejito. Quit giving me grief. Sheesh. I love that he’s jealous. It’s cute.
PS - I don't always wear that shirt and I'm not always drunk.

2 comments:

Coco said...

Hey, you're a party animal! : )
Cada que vengo a visitarte encuentro que estuviste de fiesta...INVITA!

So when does your mamita come home?

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Cuidate!

Yummerson said...

Hola Coco!! You have an open invite to the party line!!

I don't know when she comes home. Maybe in a month or so.

Hugs to you too!