Friday, December 23, 2005

Feliz Navidad

Memories. I used to love that song by Johnny O. Remember him? I lubbed him. Fantasy Girl was my jam.

Christmas to me has always meant family. It’s smelled of tamales. Sounds of laughter surrounding us.

Last night Alfonso and I made tamales. Today I brought them in for two special friends at work.

I started my buñuelos last night as well. This year I think I’ll put honey and walnuts on them to try something new. Not the traditional kind but something with a little twist.

Christmas Eve my family will be over. I’m hoping that Alfonso’s parents will join us. They’re supposed to come stay with us tonight and hopefully they will. Yesterday I bought the kids toys to keep them occupied at my house. I was thinking of giving them to them throughout the night. As prizes. I’ll have them play, who can behave herself during dinner? Who can help clean up? Of course I bought 2 of a lot of stuff so that they don’t fight over them. I bought them a little microphone too so that they can do their own version of karaoke. We also bought a piñata for them. There are only 4 kids and 2 of them are only 1 so we didn’t put a lot of candy in there. I wanted to put oranges and peanuts but I don’t want anyone to get a concussion.
We’ll open our gifts at midnight. Then in the morning we’ll have tamales for breakfast or lunch depending on when we get up.

I have to go to the DMV tomorrow. Merry Christmas to me! I’m finally changing my name on my registration. Oh and my address.

Our family is growing so every year there is something new and someone new to share it with. Here’s to new memories and the loved ones that contribute to them.

I’ll probably post again but just in case I don’t… Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all that goodness to all of you.

Pssst. The pic that's on my profile is a pic of me when I was little. It was Christmas.

3 comments:

Monique Rielle said...

What time should I be there for the tamales, bunuelos and please..tell me youre making champurado (yuuuummmm)!! Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful husband!!

Yummerson said...

You're welcome any time Moni. Merry Christmas to you too! Big hugs!

bevy said...

Sounds fun. Merry Christmas.