Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Fond Xmas Memory #1

One of my fondest memories is the year I got a Cabbage Patch Kid. Libby Ethel was her name-o. I changed her name to Susan Ann, legally thru Xavier’s power. I remember crying to my mom for a long time that I wanted one of these ugly a** things. She bought me one. Pic N Save’s version. Remember Pic N Save? Well she bought me their version. Then my favorite aunt on my Dad’s side. My Tia Eva surprised me with it on Christmas morning. I loved this doll. Our neighbor at that time even made her a dress, so we could baptize her. I still have it. My cousin Lalo (Tia Eva’s son) and neighbor Tati were the Godparents. We made a certificate, I think, and had a little party in the backyard. Don’t make fun of me. Your dad is carni folk. Yeah you know who you are. As I grew older the doll was used to stash condoms and the oregano (if you know what I mean). I was a druggy whore, what do you want from me? Okay so I wasn’t a whore. I still have that doll but she’s put away somewhere with the ballerina that spins and cowgirl Barbie with the blue eye shadow that winks at you.

3 comments:

Monique Rielle said...

LMAO!! Oregano, huh? Girl, you crack me up. :D

Yummerson said...

It was oregano and I'm sticking to it. :-) Where you been man?

bevy said...

I also got a generic Cabbage Patch doll and then finally got the real one later, but at that point I got creeped out looking at it, so I hid it in my closet.

Gold star for creatively stashing your vices.