Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's Just Me...

Something completely awesome happened to Alfonso yesterday. He’s now a legal resident of the ol’ US of A. He had a temporary work permit for the last year and now has been granted legal residency. High Five baby! I’m so proud of you and all that you’ve accomplished. Together there’s nothing the world can put in front of us that we can’t conquer. We can conquer all. Yes, I’m planning a partay for you. I love you man, you think I don’t want the world to celebrate your great accomplishment?

Christmas in a nut shell… Family was over we had mole, tamales and sopa de arroz. While the kids hit the piñata the adults had pomegranate martinis. Alfonso got me light blue by D&G, a circle diamond pendant, along with some stocking stuffers which consisted of a wallet, black and white film, hair stuff. I gave Alfonso some ropa, coffee maker with coffee, photo album containing pics of his childhood, in his stocking was some skin stuff and a movie.

Highlight… Father In Law told me he loved me. It was the best Christmas ever!

My suegros have been staying with us since 12/23. I’ve enjoyed them immensely. I’ve had to give up my 90210 watching routine and taken up watching novelas but hey it’s all in the name of family, right? Lots of drama on why they’ve come to stay with us but at least they’re somewhere they’re appreciated and not taken for granted.

New Year’s Eve cliffnotes… Mom and Dad dropped by for a little while. Dustin and Nancy came over. We had appetizers. Jen and Tammy joined us, left, then joined us again. We played Presidents and Arseholes. We had a lot of libations.

Highlight…. Jen came home early from her trip to Mexico (Costa Rica plan changed) and surprised us.

So we’ve been kind of busy. I’ve been extremely busy at work since it was just month end closing for me. I haven’t been too busy at home but with my suegros there it’s been kind of hard to maintain my routine.

I don’t make New Year’s resolutions because then I just disappoint myself and look like a liar to everyone else. So therefore, I will not post any resolutions.

All I want for this year is:

1. Maintain a wonderful relationship with my husband.
2. Make sure my family knows how much they mean to me.
3. Show my friends I love them more than ever.

2 comments:

bevy said...

Wait, I thought you automatically become a US citizen if you marry an American? If I'm wrong, I wonder why I thought that???

Yummerson said...

I wish that was true. Had his dad not already petitioned for him to get his resident card he would have had to go back to Mexico and wait for his approval there. He can apply for US citizenship after 3 years of being a resident.