Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Melly

That's what she called me. I heard from an old friend (D) yesterday. It was great to hear her voice. She also happened to be my boss at my last work place. I remember running into her office with all my issues and dating fiascos. We would cry together and laugh together. It was great to have that type of relationship with her. The last time Alfonso left (while we were dating) I walked into her office solemn faced. We made small talk and she asked me how my weekend was. I told her that someone I considered a friend that also happened to be a coworker told me I was a P.O.S friend and that I was selfish on a Friday night. I in turn told her to F off and walked out of the bar. Yes my friends, she told me this while she was drunk at a bar. She told me this because I told her it was not nice to tell another fellow coworker who also happened to be at the bar, he was weird. She thought he had a right to know. I said “He more than likely already knows and it’s not nice for you to point it out. You are neither a close friend to him nor are you his family member, therefore you have no right to tell him anything of the sort”. She pulled me aside where she said “Yamell, you’re a one sided friend, blah blah blah blah”. To her being one sided meant disagreeing with her and calling her on things that she needed to be called on. For instance, begging. I strongly dislike when people sit there for hours and hours saying, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please. See, she can call you out on whatever it is she feels like, because she says it in a joking manner. Anyway we weren’t talking about her. Back to D. So after I told her about how my weekend started. She gave me advice on the subject and we moved on to what happened next. After I leave the bar pissed wanting to talk to the man I love, I call him to vent only to hear “He left for Mexico yesterday”. Needless to say it was not a good night. The second I told her he left for Mexico her eyes welled up and she said “I hate him”. So there we were having cry fest 2003. She’d laugh when I’d run into her office with news of a new guy and then laugh harder when I’d tell her about how he offered to break one off for me on the drive home. I miss our heart to hearts. I miss her positive outlook. I miss her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does D still work at the old place.

bevy said...

I think I get what you mean about the whole joking matter. If someone says to me something like, "You slut" and then follows it with "just kiddding," I then know that person is not someone I can trust and I should distance myself from them.

Yummerson said...

Nancy - No she stopped working there like a year ago.

Bev - Exactly! That's how she was.