Thursday, February 16, 2006

Te Vas Angel Mio...

I’ve been taking my niece to school this week. Every day was hard to leave her. She looked so helpless and innocent. I left with a knot in my throat. Today the knot gave out and I cried all the way to work.

Her teacher asked me how my sister in law was doing. I whispered “She lost the baby”. Not one but two. I don’t know if she knew of the other. I only mentioned the one. I didn’t feel like going into a long explanation.

I left wearing my insides on the outside. I have this lingering feeling that just won’t go away. It started on Tuesday. There are some days you have premonitions, your whole world seems so different. Almost like you’re viewing things from someone else’s body.

I asked Alfonso last night if he had called my brother to offer support. He called. He couldn’t tell me the story because it hurt. He said that from the few words they spoke he knew my brother’s pain. As tears rolled down his face he said “Nuestro bebe ya no estara solo”.