Saturday, February 18, 2006

They're Home

We took my nieces to see “Nanny McPhee”. Cute movie. I couldn’t take my nephew. He’s only 1 and can’t sit through a movie just yet. The girls liked the movie. I’m so proud of them. Mostly my niece, the 5 year old. I’m so proud of her. She put aside her temper tantrums while her mom and dad were away. I didn’t have to ask anything of her more than once. Her little sister (middle child) is 3. She on the other hand acted as if nothing was wrong. She through her temper tantrums, believe me. We had contests to see who could scream the loudest and who could cry the hardest. She won at both. All in all, they’re awesome kids. Kids are incredible you know. We came home from the movies, we changed into our jammies. The girls played with so much energy and it was after 9 pm. We moved a twin bed into our bedroom so we wouldn’t all be squished up on our bed. It’s a king but those girls sleep crazy. I thought maybe the eldest would want to sleep on the twin with her sister. She didn’t, she wanted to sleep “next to Uncle” is what she said. The little one slept on the little bed. I looked over at her and she’s so little yet so independent. She’ll spend the night wherever and with whomever. The oldest gets homesick and doesn’t want to leave her mommy or daddy’s side. It’s just incredible to me how they’re personalities are so different.

We woke up Friday and had some breakfast, watched some “Dora” got ready and I took them shopping. We shopped for a present for their Mommy and Daddy’s return. We went to Michael’s. I bought a foam board, finger paints and some foam stickers. Victoria (the oldest) wanted glitter glue and something for brother. They don’t call each other by their names. They call each other brother and sister. We went back to Grandma’s who also happens to be my Mom and started to make the gift, had some lunch and then finished the gift. On the foam board I wrote “Welcome Home” and “We Missed You” in paint. I had them put their hand prints on the board. Eric (youngest, 1 year old) didn’t want to. He kept crying. So only the girls put their hand prints. With the foam stickers, I had the spell their names and sign it. Then Victoria wanted to use the glitter glue so with paint I drew hearts and they colored them then decorated everything with glitter glue dots. I wrote I love you. We glued pictures they had taken in a booth the night before on it as well. They were really excited to give it to them. Victoria kept mentioning her little sister and how she wanted to get her something for when she comes home from the hospital. She doesn’t know yet that her sisters are in heaven. It broke my heart. It tore me up inside to think of them telling the girls.

They came home last night. We picked them up from the airport. It was a quiet drive home. I feel their pain, I really do. To look in someone’s eyes and see sadness and pain is so heart wrenching. Especially when it’s someone you love. I was at a loss for words. Alfonso couldn’t find the words to express himself either. I’m just glad they’re home and that they’re closer. I love them both so much. Que Diosito me los bendiga y les de las fuerzas para seguir adelante.

1 comment:

Monique Rielle said...

Having you and Alfonso, people that have sadly, gone thru what they have, will help them I'm sure. This is a hard time for them, as well as for you...and my prayers are with you. Besitos amigita.