Friday, March 24, 2006

Mucho Bla Bla

Life is uneventful at the moment.

Last weekend I got to meet Dusty’s Grandma and Aunt Judy. Thanks Dusty for always wanting us to meet your family. It means a lot. You love us. It’s okay you can say it. You’re amongst friends.

We missed day 1 of Dusty Birthday Weekend Extravaganza. Alfonso had work to get done so I stayed home to accompany him. Day 2 was Thanksgiving Dinner in March. Yum. Dusty wasn’t too happy. We enjoyed the food nonetheless then ran. We ate and ran. Sure did. We wanted him to spend time with Grandma and Auntie. Nancy, not a good call on your part. Next surprise should not be when Dustin has his heart set on Hasselhoff house. So when you decide to tell him you’re preggers, make sure it’s not when you’re going there. Oops did I just let the cat out of the bag. Just kidding guys, Nancy is not preggers. Dustin, honey wake up. Hellooo I was just kidding.

My friend Jen and I had a conversation about drinking and how if you’re in your 30’s you should not be bragging about your drinking. It’s not impressive to say you can drink your Uncle Sir Drinksalot under the table at your local dive bar. You’re a girl. It’s not pretty when you’re sitting on strangers laps telling them stories of your childhood or flashing your boobies. Yes, guys I know you like this but girls – listen to me, not pretty. Back to our conversation, remember when you were in your teens and you’d brag about how many beers you drank or wine coolers whatever, your spirit of choice. The point is you’d brag about how much you drank. Now in our 30’s (well some of us) is when we should be embarrassed of how much alcohol we consume. You shouldn’t write home about having 16 shots and 12 beers and how your significant other found you passed out in the lieu butt nekkid. Okay that’s actually a funny part of the story. You can write home about that. Anyway, I said that now I lie and say I only had 4 drinks knowing damn well I had more than that. I lie though because I’m embarrassed that I drink that much. I don’t really lie as I don’t have to. I never divulge how many drinks I have because after 2 I lose count. Anyway 30’s. Still. Bragging. About. Drinking. NO!

Then I told them about about a daughter of a coworker that has a blog on My Space. The following is the opinion of myself and myself only. M-A-D-N-E-S-S. Then I was telling her about how on Dr. Phil they’re always having shows on how child predators are always on there. Also, that that most people who want to play hide the pickle look for the pickle hiding place there. So we went on it and couldn’t stop laughing. I was like fo’ real, people in their 30’s and 40’s are on here. I’m not judging, I’m just saying is all. I guess I really didn’t like the format. I signed up for it last year or something because I wanted to look at this gossip site. I never really put anything on my page. It’s hard to follow. Ma’s and Pa’s watch your babies man. I can’t die my boo boo’s ‘bout to have my baby. Oh shti I love me some Snoop. Note to self - If you're in your 30's you probably shouldn't be quoting Snoop songs either.

No I didn’t smoke crack today. Rude.

This weekend brings…

Friend’s 30th party 2-nite
Girls night with my friend Jen 2morrow nite

Oh yeah and watch Melrose. Now that 90210 started all over again. I don’t really like the Brenda days. It’s too dramatic for me. I love “Losing My Religion” but it just brings up too many memories.

I'm listening to...

Julieta Venegas
5ta Estacion

I like them a lot. Check 'em out if you haven't already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do u remembr whn me n u wer singn boo boos bout 2 hav my baby in dannys car n i climed in2 the front seat evn tho it was a 2 seatr. thos wer the days!

bevy said...

I don't like when I'm out drinking and people are monitoring how slow I'm drinking. "You're only on your second beer?!"

This is not high school where I have a limited amount of time to get super drunk before I go home and try to act sober in front of the 'rents.

Yummerson said...

Anonymous - yeah it was snoop but I thought it was lodi dodi. Maybe it was just the whole cd. That was fun!

Bev - I'm surrounded by the drink police. At times I know I am part of it. I don't do it to the people who don't normally drink though. Just to those I know normally swallow their drinks without tasting them. We just don't like to be drunk by ourselves. :-)