Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Walk Out

School kids had a “walk out” yesterday at a local high school. Today the junior high kids followed suit. It upsets me that these kids walked out and half of them didn’t even know what they were protesting. They used it as a free day. A bigger statement would be made if they stayed in school, worked hard at good grades and graduated. They’d prove that they’re not here just to take advantage of the “system”. They’d prove that they are here to make a better life for themselves and to make their parents proud. Proud that they’d risked a lot to bring them to a country where their quality of life is a lot better. Stay in school kids. Make us proud!

There's a movie titled "Walk Out" on HBO right now. Shek it out.

7 comments:

Cisco said...

"Walk outs" like these only give fuel to the racists to say, "I told you so"..

But, what can you do?..Hoepfuly they will learn something

bevy said...

I heard a lot about this movie "Walk Out." Can I rent it at Blockbuster or is it only available on HBO?

Yummerson said...

I'm not sure if it's at Blockbuster or not. Hmmm.

Ktrion said...

Hey, I think the walkouts are cool!

They're what we call "a teachable moment."

The racists will say negative things about us no matter what we do. (Notice how the media reported "no violence yet" as if Latino high-schoolers=violent criminals)

Yummerson said...

Hi Ktrion,

The walkouts would have been cool if they knew what they were protesting. Most did not.

We need to stop contributing to the stereotype.

These are all "teachable moments" however, when protests like this are so unorganized, it's kind of embarrassing.

For example, now everyone is fasting. Why?

Anonymous said...

I used to do walk outs in the 90's,most kids just went for the f of it.

nice page,you and your husband make a beautifull couple.sorry about your loss. I'm 29 yrs. old and suffer from infertility,so I coul imagine how you feel.

Sometimes I get sad but I know that I'm bless with a wonderfull husband, he always says we are still a family, just a little one.

god bless you

Yummerson said...

Thank you jazmin, we do have to look at everything we're blessed with and know that we truly have everything. I'm happy that you're also blessed with a wonderful husband the way that I am. We're lucky you know.

You can always e-mail me using the e-mail address on my profile page.

Take care of yourself and I hope you pop in every now and then just to say hello.