Monday, May 08, 2006

Lunes is boring

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Our Cinco de Mayo carne asada went well. I had fun and it was a great turnout. I got to see some friends that I hadn’t seen in a while. My brother invited some of his friends and didn’t show up. That’s nice huh? Paparazzi Fonz was off that day and did not take any pictures. DANG IT!!

Thank you to all that made it. Life sometimes pulls us in different directions or keeps us busy. It was nice to see you. You’re a big part of our lives. We hope you know that. We’re also very honored to be a part of yours. Until next time.

The “company” we rent our chairs from (I say “company” because it’s a guy who runs a business out of his house) also DJ’s now. I told Alfonso that next party we have we’re going to have him DJ. Alfonso said “O si cuando bauticemos al bebe” (when we baptize the baby), I said “No, when I can drink, it’s going to be the Yamell can have a drink party”.

I can’t believe it’s almost Mother’s Day. Time flies. What are you going to get your mama? I think I’m going to abduct my mom and have her come and spend the whole day with me away from the chusma. I was thinking of having all the mom’s I know over for brunch or something but ixnay on that. I’m tired shoot. I’d also have my brothers maybe help me with something like that for my mom but I always end up having to do more when they come over. My SIL’s are always more than ready to bring something but never ready to help me clean up.

My mami called me this morning to vent about my dad. She vented and I let her. I listened. She called back later and apologized for venting to me about my dad. She said “It’s just sometimes I don’t have anyone else to talk to”. She didn’t need to apologize for it and I let her know. I don’t know if she thinks that I’m going to think less of my dad or to see them as less than perfect. To me they are perfect. They have faults, they make mistakes, they are human, that to me is perfection.

I pretend I’m Mickey Mouse sometimes when I call my nieces.

Me: Hi. This is Mickey Mouse.
Victoria: Hi Mickey Mouse
Me: How are you?
Victoria: (whispering to Viviana her 3 year old sister, it’s Mickey Mouse)
Viviana: Hi Mickey Mouse.
Me: Hi. What’s your name?
Viviana: Viviana
Me: Hi Viviana How are you?
Viviana: GASP HIM KNOWS MY NAME!!!!

Dang I love them!

2 comments:

bevy said...

My mom's not getting anything 'cause she never tells me what she wants.

Yummerson said...

My mom never does either. I just get her stuff I want her to have.