Tuesday, August 22, 2006

8/22

Remember chola? (I'm having a hard time posting pics)

Well I sent an e-mail to Kmart and they responded. The “store coach” apologized for chola’s (powder white face with the painted eyebrows) actions and said she was counseled on customer service. They also said they keep the storage containers in different spots depending on the use. Well the other Kmart I go to keeps them all in one space. I guess they should put their comforters in the picnic area in case someone wants to have a picnic and wants to use a comforter. Maybe the shoes in the camping section in case someone wants to wear hiking boots while they’re camping. Some soda in the furniture section in case you want to drink soda while you’re on the couch. I’ll make the suggestion. Maybe they’ll hire me and I can paint my face and color my eyebrows. You can call me “Essa” (thanks Frank) the clown.

Fonz, Martha, Joel and myself are going on a weekend double date. I call them our kids. Wherever we go, we take them. Role reversal you know. We’re going to a 15era in California. I’m really not looking forward to it. Not because we’re traveling with mami and papi but because well 15era’s aren’t my thing. A bunch of kids crumpin’ crunkin’ clumpin’ whatever the heck it’s called, crazy dancin’. I do want to dance though. Not to that crazy music kids listen to nowadays but to my music. The music of my people. You know accordion’s, umpa pa pa umpa pa pa music. The rap music nowadays, I just don’t get it. Well the kind they listen to anyway. Whatever happened to DJ Quik or NWA, or 2 live crew. 2 live crew was raunchy well so were the rest but man I know all the lyrics. Why can’t they play some Debbie Deb or some Lisa Lisa. Shoot, they’ll wonder if they take me home… to sleep because I’ll be raining on their parade. I’m just not feelin’ it. I have no ropa. Well Fonz took me shopping this past weekend and I tried on some clothes and I looked like a big person. He said I look like I’m pregnant, which I hope so because I am. I mean I think I’d hurt him if he said something like that to me if I wasn’t. He smiled when he saw me in the clothes which is a good sign. I’m so not comfortable though. I thought I’d be okay because I’m big girl to begin with but I either want this belly to be round and in one solid piece instead of split up. It’s like I got some rival gangs in my pansa. The East Coast vs. West Coast. Can’t we all unite? Hmmm. I know we’ll have a good time though. My Dad will talk the whole way, Mom will fall asleep with her mouth open, I will fall asleep before we even get on the highway and Fonz will have to listen to my dad because I’m assuming one of them is driving.

We registered for Diego’s stuff this weekend. Jesus, Maria y Jose (does your mom say that?) it was a whole lot of stuff. Babies require lots of stuff man. I mean I knew that but damn, I’m tired thinking about it. We were there for about 2 ½ hours. I almost passed out (literally). I had to go sit on one of the expensive ass rockers before I landed on some onesies or on my man one of the two. He wouldn’t step out of the way man. He insisted on being a chellomen (that’s how he says gentleman). I did put some stuff on there that no one can afford but that was for personal purposes. I don’t want to forget I need a pack n play or a car seat when he gets to be 10. It really was overwhelming. I can’t believe that I’m having a baby. What in the world? I can believe Alfonso is going to be a daddy but me? I can’t be a daddy. Luckily, we took along some reinforcements to help us with all this stuff. Afterwards we all went out to dinner. It was a good time. It’s always nice to double date. No, it wasn’t Martha and Joel this time. They stayed home.

I always thought that because I’m a big girl the baby wouldn’t really affect me the way it does thinner girls. I’m used to carrying around the weight so I mean how much could it possibly affect me. It affects me the same way. I look like a turtle on its shell when trying to get out of bed or get off the couch. Two days of walking, shopping, what have you killed me. Sunday night I was pooped. I guess I never really put into consideration that my uterus is growing and my child is a champion swimmer. I almost passed out both days while we were out. I’m not sure though if that’s anxiety or if its what I was diagnosed with a long time ago, migraines. I get tired the same way I used to where I’m just sleepy all the time but not tired from walking around a store.

Friday I came home and Alfonso had a friend over. He had mentioned said friend before and I asked all kinds of questions. The name sounded familiar and because he was from Chihuahua I thought it could possibly be someone I met a while ago. While I was with Alfonso. Long story that I may share with you one day. Short story, Alfonso wouldn’t pay attention to me for a long time, not the way I wanted him to anyway. I would go dancing without him and meet guys. I didn’t do anything with the guys but well that’s none of your business, nosey. Back to the story. When I saw his friend it was pretty much confirmed, it’s the guy. I had told him my name was Maribel when we met. I saw him once after we were at the bailongo and then I told him I had a boyfriend and that was that. This is a small ass mundo. I’m not 100% sure it is him but I am 95% sure it is. If I could just sit there and stare I’d be sure. I told Alfonso last night and Alfonso laughed. He said “estuviste con Charlie Brown”. He calls him that because even though this dude is Mexican he’s white with freckles and reddish-blonde hair. I said “no estuve con el, baile con el”. I had to get it off my chest, it was eating away at me. So I came clean and told him he better keep it a secret. He said “no way man, le voy a decir a Eric”. Eric is my hermano. Homeboy better keep his mouth shut because I’m essa the clown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

Coco said...

Oooohhh, baby registry shopping!
How exciting!! : )
Where are you registering?

I'm glad to see that you're doing well...que todo va bien.

You'll have to give us an update on the 15nera that you're going to.
Maybe it won't be that bad.

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.

Cuidate!

Bendiciones.

bevy said...

Please tell me you didn't put a diaper genie on your registry? Those things are a freakin' joke.

Yummerson said...

Coco - we registered at Babies R Us. I'll let you know the goods on the 15era on Monday.

Bev - Yeah we did. My SIL's and some of my friends have used them. I think they help keep the stank out.