Friday, November 11, 2005

Cigna SUCKS!

On an insurance note, in March I was prescribed a medication to increase my estrogen level. My body was not producing it at the rate it was supposed to and since I was pregnant and in dire need of some estrogen my Dr. prescribed it. My insurance did not cover this because it’s normally used to treat infertility. I did not have the time nor the energy to call the insurance company right then and there and I thought it could wait. In May I started sending letters to them along w/ a letter from the Dr. giving the explanation as per their request. A couple of weeks ago they said this is the wrong route and that the Dr.’s office needs to submit a form. Dr.’s office submits the form that same day and a couple of days later I get a letter from Cigna stating that it’s been approved and I can fill it. Um hello, I already had it filled. So today I call and guess what? The fothermuckers said that they can’t back bill more than 30 days. Then why don’t you tell me that EVER!!! I mean I had this script filled twice at $201.99 each time. I’d let it go if it was 20 bucks but my Lord $400. Needless to say I’m pissed.

2 comments:

Jezebel said...

Have your HR department get in touch with the Cigna rep. She/He would be able to clear this problem up. I did this many times for employees when I was the HR Benefit Coordinator in a previous job.

Yummerson said...

Thanks Moni, I'll try that.