Tuesday, December 06, 2005

kwlmqza

I just ordered the new iPod and my stomach hurts. I’m not so sure why I did it, but I did. It’ll come in handy. Instead of always lugging out my cd’s, I’ll just have my iPod. I’m justifying the purchase to myself. Give me a minute.

Okay, I must bug you again with the in law dilemma as it just keeps lingering. Today my mom called my suegros, to check on my suegro. So after she hung up with them she calls me to tell me I need to do this and that, and this and that. Take this over, come pick this up and take it to them. After all that was said,

Mom: You really need to go visit them more often. De vez de echarles una vueltecita de vez en cuando.
Me: Alfonso visits them at least 3 times a week. Do you want him to move in? Alfonso va a verlos 3 veces a la semana. Quieres que se vaya a vivir con ellos.
Mom: He does? Well you need to visit them more often too. They’re far away from home and need visitors. Oh si? Pues tu también debes de ir a verlos de vez en cuando. Vienen de lejos y necesitan que los visiten.
Me: They don’t like me mom, I’m sure they don’t want to see my pretty face if they don’t have to. No me quieren mama, si no tienen que ver mi linda cara seguido es mejor para ellos.
Mom: They don’t? Why do you say that? Oh no? Porque dices eso?
Me: Actions speak louder than words. Indirect transl – luego luego se ve en como se portan conmigo.
Mom: Don’t say that. No digas eso.
Me: Okay I have to get to work.

I’m pretty sure that my suegra told my mom something, which really upsets me. My mom doesn’t need to know this stuff unless I choose to include her and even then it’s iffy. I’m really pissed actually. I don’t like to be lectured on why I don’t visit the in law’s. Why are you telling my mommy on me? For real. We’re going over there tonight. We made these plans last night before this. Okay, dropped.

My friend won a trip to Hawaii. WTF? Yes she did. I’m really excited for her.

Oh yeah and my lucky ass friend Jen was offered a trip to Costa Rica. She said yes, of course. She’s going during the holidays. I’m really excited for her but sad for all of us that will miss her crazy a**.

5 comments:

bevy said...

My mom always thought her in-laws didn't like her either, but I say make peace just for your husband's sake.

Yummerson said...

There's no feud per se. Just a lot of rudeness on their part. I talk a lot of smack but I'm always civil and ignore their rude a** comments. I only do it for him because if it was for me, I wouldn't be writing about it it'd be done and over with. I gotta go hang a wreath on my car now. :-)

Coco said...

Ignore the in-law's "ugly" comments & actions...they're only here for a short while : )
And no, they shouldn't "vent" about you to your family...

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Cuidate!

Cisco said...

Costa Rica sounds good. Away from all the BS, even if it is in the middle of Christmas. I am sure they have cool selebrations and posadas in Costa Rica.

Hola, y gracias por seguir visitando..

Yummerson said...

My suegros are only here for a short while, they're not really the ones I have a problem with it's my brother in law and his wife that are the problem. They live here. I always ignore their rude comments, I wouldn't stoop to their level.

Cisco - It's nice to hear from you!