Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Rite Aid it's the new Toys R Us

Remember I told you my worst fear. the other day. Well today it was confirmed. My worst fear is effective today. I let them know my concerns though so we’ll see what happens.

Last night my little brother Eric and I were talking on the phone and it went a little something like this:

Eric: Victoria picked a prize the other day at PPP (Peter Piper Pizza) and I wouldn’t let her play with it until we got to moms because I told her I didn’t want her to break it. Well I’m the first one to take it out of the package and I broke it.
Me: You’re dumb.
Eric: So I told her that we’d stop at Rite Aid on the way home and I’d buy her something.
Me: Rite Aid huh?
Eric: Yeah, so she picked handcuffs
Me: ahahahaha Handcuffs, she’s 5 dude.
Eric: That’s what she wanted. Viviana picked out those things you put in water and they grow.
Me: Monkeys
Eric: not living, just a toy that grows in water.
Me: Yeah I don’t know.
Eric: so I put it in water and Viviana looked at me and said “what’s it do?”.
Me: Quit buying your kids toys that you want man.

I thought that was so dang funny. You have to see Viviana’s face. She’s so dang cute. There she is below with Fonz. That was a year ago though. She kind of looks like Chimoltrufia from Chespirito. We call her Chimo.



Me: And what’s up with your kids thinking that Rite Aid is Toys R Us?
Eric: ahahahahahaha I got the ghetto kids man.
Me: I took them to the movies the other day and afterwards they wanted to go to Rite Aid. I said, sorry girls I don’t have a prescription to fill.
Eric: They like it. Mom and Dad used to buy us stuff at Lucky (before it was Albertsons).
Me: Um yeah because we would go grocery shopping with them not because they said, hop in the car we’re going to go buy you some toys.

And lastly.

Eric: I was telling Fonz that we have a ritual at work where on Friday’s we have a safety meeting at the bar and that’s where we pick up our checks.
Me: Yeah, well we have a ritual here that those that go to the bar on Friday come pick up their clothes.

7 comments:

bevy said...

Doesn't it seem like all the toys in those type places (Wal-Greens, CVS) will fall apart in less than 2 hours? That's what I always thought.

But I don't believe in buying kids toys; they'll play with anything, so why waste your money?

Sorry, about your worst nightmare coming true. Just deal with it day by day. Or quit.

Yummerson said...

They do fall apart quick. That's probably why they're more expensive.

I don't buy toys for kids either. I have savings accounts set up for my nieces and nephews and I deposit money into them for each special occasion. I also buy them books.

I'm just waiting for Fonz to get hooked up with this new job where he'll have benefits so I can leave.

bevy said...

That's a good idea to give books or the savings, something useful, not some piece of shit that they're going to lose interest in. What a nice aunt you are.

Coco said...

Hola : )
Books and a savings acct. are GREAT gifts!!
You "rule" girl! Tell your bro how things are done!! Bien hecho!

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Cuidate!

oye...
puse mi foto en mi blog

Monique Rielle said...

I'd been thinking of a really good gift to give to my little newphew on his first Christmas....I think a savings account is an awesome idea! :D

Coco said...

Stopping by to say, "Hola"! : )
Y tambien para deasearte una muy feliz Navidad!

Que la Paz y la Belleza que representa la Navidad sea fuente de Alegria hoy y durante el Año Nuevo.

Bendiciones para ti y tus seres querirdos.

Cuidate!

Yummerson said...

Igualmente Coco! Thank you always for your kind words and warm hugs!