Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Torry

I think I lost a childhood friend. As you get older it seems you get busier. Some of us get married. Some start having children. Some have their careers. Some have all three. Every time she’s invited me to something, something else has come up. She invited me to her post-wedding reception and I was currently planning my wedding but I think that day was my niece’s baptism. There’s no way I could miss my niece’s baptism or the reception that followed. I don’t really remember what I had going on that day. It could have also been I had pre-marital class at the church. Then was her baby shower. I had every intention of being there. I got Pharyngitis. She just had her baby so I didn’t want to go and infect him. I called and left her a message that day. Her baby just turned 1. She invited me to his birthday party. I told her I would try and go even if I had to take Xanax. It happened to be on the same day as Fonz’s birthday. My in-law’s were here from Mexico. I couldn’t go, my in-law’s wanted to spend time with Alfonso during the day and Alfonso didn’t think it’d be a good idea for me to say no to his family since things were already so shaky. I didn’t make it to his first birthday party. I sent her an e-mail letting her know why I didn’t go. I sent him a birthday card. I sent him a Christmas gift. I haven’t heard from her. I don’t blame her for being mad but do ask for understanding. Things aren’t the way they used to be. I now have 4 nieces/nephews and 1 more on the way. I have a husband. My life gets hectic. I feel really bad because she always makes it to all the important things I’ve invited her to. My bridal shower, my wedding ceremony, my house warming. I feel bad because I want us to reconnect and can’t seem to make it to those things that are important to her. I’ve had good reasons to why I haven’t been able to make it, it’s not just me f’ing them off or being a flake. I want us to be a part of her life and her family to be a part of ours. I’m sorry Torry that things haven’t worked out the way I’ve wanted them to or the way you’ve expected them to. I’ll do better. I try, I really do. I love you Torry. I do.