Monday, January 09, 2006

U-N-I-T-Y

Saturday was the annual “Las Poquianchis” Christmas get together. My mommy started calling us this when I still lived at home. Las Poquianchis were sisters that ran a brothel. Yeah, my mom calls us pimps. I know that we’re supposed to be madam’s but I like the word pimp better. I also know that it’s past Christmas but because we have a world traveler amongst us we postponed it until her return. We had a good time. We had pomegranate martini’s, shrimp ceviche and black forest parfaits. Every year we do a white elephant gift exchange. You don’t know what that is? It’s where everyone brings a gift you draw numbers, number 1 picks the gifts he/she wants first, Number 2 picks a gift or steals the gift #1 got and so on and so forth. A gift can only be stole 2ce (those are our rules). We exchanged gifts. Awesome gifts consisted of: Nice neck/foot Massager, ONB (over night bag w/ travel size personal products), MAC lip liner and lip glass (I got this), Wedding Crashers w/ some V-Day socks. Good gifts huh. I thought so too. I look dang hot in my lip glass shoot. Pardon my modesty. I rarely ever wear colored lip gloss these days and so when I put this on, it was love at first sight. We had a good time.

Sunday, the fact that my husband is a special man was reinforced. I adore him. An unfortunate turn of events brought us closer. There are people in the universe that want us to fail. This alone makes us stronger. I’m extremely lucky to have found a gem. He doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. He doesn’t say hurtful things when we argue or ever. He smiles when I no longer have the energy to. He loves me when don’t. He looks at me as if I’m the most beautiful woman on earth and when he does I believe him. He brings me positive energy when all I’m feeling is negative. He makes it hard for me to come to work because all I want to do is lay in his arms. I feel safe there. He’s my superhero. I won’t ever take him for granted.

There’s a poison that infests our universe. I only pray to God that he takes away this feeling I have inside. The feeling of hate. I don’t like it. We’ll separate ourselves from this poison. Kill it with kindness. In the end, we’re stronger because we have each other. Our love outweighs this evil.

Also reinforced was the love I have for my friends. I’m truly blessed. I am. Finding girlfriends who adore you at your worst, priceless. I love you Poquianchis. Thank you, muchos muchos thank you’s for listening to me vent about stupid shit and not judging me. I hope that you know that one of the promises I made to myself recently was to always make it known how much I love you.

2 comments:

Cisco said...

You sure are blessed.
Hold on tight, tell him and show it.

He'll love you more for it.

Yummerson said...

Cisco - I hold on damn tight. These days it's hard to find a good man. I won't ever let him go.

Golightly - Thank you. Envy makes people evil creatures.