Thursday, May 04, 2006

Surprise!

Hola my friends around the globe, on the internet and off all two of ya.

So I’ve been keeping a secret from you. I like to wait for the right time to tell people things. Sometimes I don’t get to because unfortunately some people have a hard time keeping things to themselves. You know who you are. So don’t look away like I don’t see you. So if you’ve heard from someone other than me, I’m sorry. It wasn’t supposed to happen that way. Anyway, my secret is I’m pregnant. Yep, 3 months today as a matter of fact. . You’re going to be internet aunts and uncles. Aren’t you so excited? I found out in March and have been struggling to keep this secret. Remember the no drinking through lent? Yeah that was a lie. Not a good thing to lie about since it concerns J.C. but I had to do it. I didn’t want to tell anyone. The fear of telling people and then miscarrying again only to feel all alone overwhelmed me. I’m not a good liar though. The guilt eats me up inside.

We’re excited. Tentative due date is 11/16. Pray for us. Don’t wish us luck because someone else did that and I didn’t think it was nice. Just pray that everything will be okay.

This is why I cry so much more than I normally do. I cried a couple nights ago because one of my favorite groups (Los Rieleros del Norte) sing this song Equivocacion. Normally I cry when Pepe Aguilar sings because the man is just beautiful but Rieleros my men with the accordions. So Alfonso laughed at me and we danced.

I also cry because I can’t drink. No seriously I do. It’s not funny. I don’t like being called the designated driver or reminded of the fact that I can’t drink. You may laugh at this but it’s the truth. And you shouldn’t laugh because it hurts my feelings. Last night Alfonso took me on a date. We went to the Outback where during happy hour the drinks are 2 for 1. This was my favorite part of going to have dinner here. Of course it wasn’t so funny one night when I went out with the girls and 4 hours later the bill brought us back to reality and we had to dig for change at the bottom of our purses. Anyway so the lady aka the waitress asked us what we wanted to drink and named some libations. Alfonso lifted his head to look at me because he knew I was going to get sad. So the waitress walks away and Alfonso said “I’m sorry chooby dooby”. Tears well up. I absolutely enjoy drinking. I do. He’s nice to me though and so are my friends. They let me stick my tongue in their drinks. He gave me some of his margarita. He ordered it thinking of me because right now all I seem to want is salt. Yes, not good for me but I want salt. I eat saladitos like they’re going out of style. I squeeze half a lime in a bowl and dip my saladito in it. YUMMMM!! Anyway don’t tease me about the not drinking it makes me sad.

In the months to come I’ll try not to bore you with the goings on of this newness. I said I’ll try. Try.

In non pregnant news… Alfonso and I are having a 5o de Mayo gathering at our house tomorrow. I’m excited.

Next month I’ll be 32. Just last year I was 26 and didn’t know where my life was going. How fast the time goes. Soon I’ll be responsible for someone else’s life. Wow. Time’s change.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHRIS (American Idol)

lulubel said...

Felicidades! That must have been difficult to keep as a secret.

God Bless!

Monique Rielle said...

Oh sweetie that is such WONDERFUL news!!!! Yaaaaay!!! :D

Yummerson said...

anonymous - What does this have to do with my post? Nancy you're so dummy.

Lulubel and Monique - Thank you!!

Cisco said...

Great news...
Que Dios los bendiga..

bevy said...

My mom read your blog before I did and broke the news to me. I'm very happy for you and will keep you in my prayers.

PS Sometimes I get tired of drinking.

Yummerson said...

Thank you Cisco, Bev and Bev's mama. I'm glad your mama reads my blog Bev. That's nice to hear.

I know drinking does get tiresome but I just miss it. I miss the taste not the hangovers or anything of the sort just the taste.