Monday, June 19, 2006

Dang it Martha!

On Friday we sent out the evites for my surprise party. Let’s see how many times I have to hound folks to RSVP.

My friend also started talking to me about our baby shower, si Dios nos da licencia. I get so excited. She makes me feel like a princess. My sister in law also started talking about it to me. They make me feel so loved.

Weekend was great. Did a little shopping with mom. Napped with Fonz. I had a tiramisu sundae from 31 flavors. It wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be.

I made Cuban sandwiches for the Dad’s on Sunday. Mom made some potato salad. It was a nice time. I love hanging out with my brothers. The teasing, the reminiscing, the love that goes around is beautiful! The look on my parent’s faces when we’re all together is priceless. They are ecstatic. Such proud parents. Fonz and I went back home and we napped again.

Down side to the weekend. Martha left me again to go visit my Abuelita. She left last night. When I left her house at 2 I was fine. She called me at 6 and left a message. I lost it. I have mamitis. Besides Fonz she’s the only one that takes care of me. She calls me daily between 8 and 9 am and then in the evenings before or after her novela. This all happens without fail. My home phone never rings and when it does, I know it’s her. If she’s not calling me, it’s me calling her. I’m seriously sad that she left. She calls me to see if the baby has moved and then talks baby talk to me “huevonsona que no se mueve, le voy a echar agua helada”. If the baby does move then she gets so excited. She doesn’t want to miss out. I love her for being so involved. Dang it that little lady. I love her!

4 comments:

bevy said...

Seriously, where are the tissues?

Yummerson said...

I know it! I made it a point to thank the people that RSVP'd so quickly. Next time I'll give a prize.

Coco said...

Ahhhh, baby showers...
I want to be there for yours- para darte un fuerte y caluroso abrazo en persona.

Cuban sandwiches are really good-
Mmmm, delicious! Now I'm hungry.

So your mami left to Mexico again, no te digo! When does she get back?

I also get "mamitis"...

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Bendiciones.

Yummerson said...

Coco - I would love it if you were here for my baby shower!! That would be so great.

Yes Martha left me again. I think she'll be back end of July. She has to take care of her mamasita too. Her tia (my great aunt) lives with my abuelita too and is blind and they're both older so someone needs to be with them. I understand but I get so lonely when she's not here.

I know you get mamitis too. How's your mami?

Hugs and besitos to you too amiga!