Sunday, June 18, 2006

Feliz Dia del Padre

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there.

Mi Papi and I have always had a close relationship. Not in the way that I shared my secrets and he was my “friend” but in the way that he always showed me he loved me. He was extremely affectionate and still is. I was and am his little girl. He was always the one going to pick me up when my cars would break down. He was there to give me loans when I was broke. Of course with every loan there was a lecture about how I need to manage my money better. I mean for the love of Martha I lived at home rent free en que diablos se me iba el dinero. I wouldn’t borrow money to go out, I would borrow money because my cars were poo and always needed major repairs. My Dad was the one man I looked up to. Era el ejemplo. He’s good to my mom, he’s hard working, his heart is made of gold, and he has the most awesome family values. He’s worked hard for all that he has but mostly for us to salir adelante. When I got married it was him who I dreaded leaving. I would imagine him singing in the bathroom as he does every morning and it would bring tears to my eyes. He cried at the rehearsal, he cried during pictures and he cried when he and my mom walked me down the aisle.

I looked for a man that would treat me well. I didn’t look for material or superficial things. I wouldn’t settle for anything less than a man that followed similar footsteps as my dad. I met Alfonso.

I love you both more than you’ll ever know. Dad you’ll always be the first man I ever loved. Alfonso you’ll always be the last man I ever loved. What makes me happy is that Alfonso I know you’re going to be a great Dad. You’ve been the most wonderful husband, how can I expect anything less. I’m so proud of you both. I know that your father as well as mine have set the examples. Our baby is so lucky to have you both in his/her life.

I was scared that leaving home meant losing my hero. Fact of the matter is, I now have 2.

I saw this on post secret and although I’m 31 (days away from 32), it still fits!


2 comments:

Cisco said...

Two great blessings among many others...

Take care

bevy said...

Where's the tissue?